- This event has passed.
September 16 @ 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Team Foster’s signature event, the Foster 100, is September 16, 2017. 100 miles to honor our hero, Captain Erick Foster.
We’ll provide your jersey. We’ll supply your team (or you can BYOT). We’ll supply your food, your drinks and even your cause: ride for our wounded veterans and honor a hero.
The Foster 100 is your chance to ride with cyclists of all ages and cycling abilities to honor a hero and give back to our wounded veterans. Bring your own team or join a team created for you based on your ability and experience. This one-of-a-kind experience takes you through the quaint towns and back roads of Southern New Jersey, ending with an after-party in beautiful Cape May, New Jersey (learn more about the route below). Organized by Team Foster, an all-volunteer non-profit organization, the Foster 100 honors the sacrifice of Captain Erick Foster by raising money to aid wounded veterans in our area. Team Foster’s primary mission is funding service dogs to partner with wounded veterans.
More details and Register and learn more at bikereg.com/Foster100
Want to train with us? Get updates on our Facebook page about upcoming training rides.
Necessary Equipment, All riders must ride with:
- 2017 Foster 100 Jersey
- Spare tube
- Water Bottle
Jersey and Swag Bag Distro
- When: Saturday, September 9. 6p-9pm.
- Where: Field House, 1150 Filbert Street, Phila, PA 19107.
- What: Come pick up your jersey, swag bag and hang out for a bit. Your first beer is on us, courtesy of our friends at Field House. Meet your ride leaders, ask questions and learn more Team Foster.
- *Alternative Jersey pick-up is the morning of the Foster 100, 5:30am-6:00am.
- Where: The Porch, 30th Street and Market. (South side of 30th St. Station).
- When: 5:30am – 6:30am. Launch will be at 7:00am.
Every ride team will be escorted by a vehicle. Riders are welcome to “check” a bag with your escort vehicle. This is a great place for a change of clothes or something you might need along the ride. Please label your bag for identification. Space is extremely limited, so please limit this to a backpack or smaller.
The Foster 100 is a rain or shine event. This time of year, it can be very hot or very cold. The Foster 100 will take place on September 16 regardless of the weather. Don’t forget that your 2017 F100 jersey is mandatory.
Platoon Assignments: are published. You can also find them at the bottom of Event Notes at bikereg.com/foster100. If you think you’ve been mis-assigned, please reach out right away and we’ll make changes if possible. Please do not wait until the morning of the ride. Email: email@example.com.
Route: is published. Find cue sheet and GPX file on Notes page.
All riders will ride together for the Philadelphia portion of the event. Under escort of the Philadelphia Police Department, riders will take up on lane as we complete about 5 miles downtown. This will be a leisurely, ~14mph pace. You will never ride through the city like this – soak it in.
All riders will board the Ferry to cross the Delaware River into Camden. This is an extremely short trip across. Once we disembark the ferry, Teams are to link up with ride leaders and escorts, then will be released in order:
Beers and Gears; Platoon 1, Platoon 2, Platoon 3, APG Warriors, Team 4
All teams must stay together. Flat, mechanicals, lagging rider – does not matter. If you have a rider that absolutely must drop back, that must take place at a rest stop and be coordinated with both platoon/team leaders and escorts. Full accountability of all personnel at all times is non-negotiable. No rider left behind.
- Be courteous to drivers and the public. You are riding on behalf of your team, our organization and our cause.
- Your platoon/team leader will dictate whether to ride two abreast or single file as appropriate. Other than Philadelphia, riding three across is not permitted at any point in the ride.
- Communicate: debris, cars, slowing/stops. This is the key to a safe group ride!
- Have fun. Talk to your teammates. Find out why they are here and what they are about.
- Push yourself. Push each other. Care for your teammates. Charlie mike.
The finish party will be hosted at the Cape May-Lewes Ferry. All riders and volunteers will enjoy free beer, free food and free massages. Family members, guests and friends are welcome. We are asking for a $20 donation for non-riders and includes food, beer and drinks; $10 for children 12 and under. Cash or credit cards accepted.
If you have not already been in touch with Lou or Nick, please contact Lou at firstname.lastname@example.org for details regarding your assignment. Know someone who wants to volunteer? They should register at bikereg.com/foster100 under “Volunteer Army.”
Do you have questions? Do you want to know about your fellow riders? Looking for someone to ride with? Just want to share how excited you are? Check out the Foster 100 Facebook Event page.
Check out this year’s jerseys! Big thanks to Rival Custom Apparel!